Tuesday, June 3, 2008

worthless

Was it worth the the countless hours?

My mind still races and never stops asking.

Then I ask myself was it worth all those beautiful flowers?

Or was something in their color lacking?

Was it worth the time we spent together?

Or was I just replaceable, like old, brown, cheap leather

Did the days in the park mean anything, as the hot warm sun shined down upon my lover?


The numerous memories we had together, you blew away as if light as a feather.

And the fruitful dreams I had of YOU turned to nightmares cold and black

Because the pain I felt from you was worse than searing burns upon my back.

You showed no sorrow, for the heart you turned hallow, so I had no choice but to follow.

So I left my empty heart and tried to take another’s, like you had shown

But the sounds of tears from another heart did nothing to fill my own

Was it worth going through so many others, after my heart was shattered apart?

For the pain still remains in the bottom of my heart

No comments: