Thursday, August 7, 2008

swiftly and tenderly

How well do I know you ,
Cuddling up in the same blanket,
misty window pine breaking thru,
a little warmth in the iced jacket,
Blood stained hand with guilt unfolding.

Take me to your world of wonder,
I jump up into your heavenly abode,
take me on a train to the hills,
down into the country road.

This is life, I think,
maybe more than anything I desire,
more than words would ever be able to describe,
the touch of woods in the fire,
that simple touch which burns the twigs,
and gives light,
comsumed in pain.

Kindness is consumed into lustful thoughts,
No, that's not life,
a friendly touch turns out to be sexual,
No, that's not mine,
Maybe the longer you linger in my arms,
in sweet surrender,
I will sing to you,
my songs of sorrow,
just to see how your smile comforts me,
from my evil desires,
it keeps me away,
divine,
in a sense.

Swiftly and tenderly,
you make me go away,
away from this world,
closer to your heart.

=Ray of Light=

No comments: